and Josh's is "start spreadin' the news..." (you know, from "New York, New York")
I guess our conflicting feelings about this move are pretty evident.
I cannot wait until all of this apartment stuff is settled.
Then, of course, is the job stuff. Arg. But we'll try to ignore that for now...
I at least need to get the apartment settled asap. All of this uncertainty is just fuel for unbridled anxiety. And thanks to my system freaking out from me jumping off the pill, I'm flipping out just a little bit extra.
I guess we narrowed it down to:
- getting a small (studio), very overpriced apartment in Brooklyn Heights for it's convenient proximity to Manhattan and for my peice of mind (it seems to be a better area and many places have a doorman).
- getting more space for our money (probably a 1 or 2 bed apt) in Bay Ridge or Dyker Heights and deal with the possibly longer commute.
We are taking a look at some places on Thursday.
Most likely, Chris will be meeting up with us to take a look at the places we've found. Thank goodness.
Josh starts work next Monday, so he will be in NY as of Sunday. If we don't find a place on Thurs it will make things significantly more difficult because we will be in two different locations and he will be working full-time.
It is really aggravating that most of these apts deal with brokers/agents.
Broker = hefty fee ($1000-$2500!!)
I hope that the one we choose ends up being one that does not deal with a broker!
In the meantime, I have been scouring the internet for possibilities by day and by night I've been dreaming of doing so.